Virbac Tapewormer Tablets
Virbac Tapewormer for Dogs and Cats
Virbac Tapewormer is a generic of Droncit tablets
There are several different species of tapeworms that pets can be infected with. The species of greatest importance include Dipylidium caninum (flea tapeworm) and Echinococcus granulosus (hydatid tapeworm). The flea tapeworm is the most common species of tapeworm that infects dogs but infection with this worm does not usually cause any ill effects. However, the hydatid tapeworm poses a serious health risk to humans, despite not causing any real ill effects to dogs.
Active Constituents: 50mg Praziquantel.
Directions for Use
All animals should be treated for tapeworm control at three monthly intervals (every six weeks in dogs in Hydatid areas) commencing at three months of age. In addition, breeding females should be treated at mating; approximately one week before birth and thereafter every three months. Weigh dogs and cats before treatment. Dogs and cats are treated by weight with the appropriate number of tablets. All tablets are to be administered at the same time, by mouth, or crushed and sprinkled on food.
- 1 tablet/10kg bodyweight
- 1/4 tablet under 1.5kg bodyweight
- 1/2 tablet from 1.6 to 5kg bodyweight
- 3/4 tablet over 5kg bodyweight
- Application Type
- Quantity Type
- Animal Type
- Cat, Dog
- Breed Size
- 0-10kg, 11-20kg, 21-40kg, 41kg Plus
Why Vet Products Direct is your one stop pet shop
- Our team of qualified and experienced Veterinary Nurses are ready to help. Give us a call today 1300 838 776
- Save everyday on your pet supplies when you join our VIP Club.
- Free and easy returns.
- 100% genuine approved veterinary products fully backed by manufacturers warranty.
- Low cost shipping fee
- Providing high quality professional pet and animal products in conjunction with professional advice since 1998.
- Happy Customer Reviews.