Flea & Tick
Items 1-24 of 97
- Advantage Dog Extra Large Over 25kg BlueFrom $18.78 - $158.00
- Advantage Dog Large 10-25kg RedFrom $17.89 - $151.16
- Advantage Dog Medium 4-10kg AquaFrom $17.32 - $145.49
- Advantage Puppy & Dog Small Up To 4kg GreenFrom $15.49 - $130.15
- Advantix Dog Extra Large Over 25kg BlueFrom $50.80 - $168.89
- Advantix Dog Large 10-25kg RedFrom $48.30 - $162.00
- Advantix Dog Medium 4-10kgs AquaFrom $45.27 - $152.94
- Advantix Puppy & Dog Small Up To 4kg GreenFrom $42.93 - $143.57
- Advocate Dog Extra Large over 25kg BlueFrom $26.65 - $242.20
- Advocate Dog Large 10-25kg RedFrom $25.41 - $219.74
- Advocate Dog Medium 4-10kg AquaFrom $21.89 - $201.19
- Advocate Puppy & Dog Small Up To 4kg GreenFrom $20.65 - $56.30
- Bravecto Chewables Dog Extra Large 40-56kg PurpleFrom $52.76 - $89.88
- Bravecto Chewables Dog Extra Small 2-4.5kg YellowFrom $52.76 - $89.88
- Bravecto Chewables Dog Large 20-40kg BlueFrom $52.76 - $89.88
- Bravecto Chewables Dog Medium 10-20kg GreenFrom $52.76 - $89.88
- Bravecto Chewables Dog Small 4.5-10kg OrangeFrom $52.76 - $89.88
Flea & Tick Treatments for Dogs
VetProductsDirect is committed to helping you protect your canine friend from pesky parasites like fleas and ticks. We offer a wide range of affordable and effective flea and tick treatments for dogs including:
Topical or spot-on treatments
Flea and tick Collars
The importance of tick treatment for dogs
Ticks are a common pest in Australia and can be found in the bush, scrub, and areas with long grass. They are a parasite that attaches to your dog’s skin and feeds on their blood. There are three different types of ticks found in Australia:
The saliva of the paralysis tick is incredibly toxic and can do severe damage to your dog’s nervous system. Time is of the essence when treating a paralysis tick bite and many dogs do not survive a paralysis tick bite regardless of treatment.
Flea control for dogs
Unfortunately, most dogs will be affected by fleas at some point during their lives. As you can imagine, this is a very uncomfortable time for your dog as they will be extremely itchy. Flea bites can also lead to more complicated skin conditions such as allergies and dermatitis. Left untreated, they can result in infections and end up costing you a fortune to treat.
Fleas can also host more nasties such as tapeworms, which are transferred to your dog when they are bitten by an infected flea.
Fleas can lay eggs multiple times per day and feed on the blood of animals and humans. Once fleas get into your home, they can be hard to get rid of, and often a coordinated response is required to ensure they have been eradicated.
Protecting all dogs from ticks and fleas
At VetProductsDirect, we offer a wide range of flea and tick products for dogs of all sizes and breeds. Ensure you select a treatment appropriate for your dog’s breed, age, and weight as not all products are suitable for all ages and sizes. Some products can be given to puppies as young as 8 weeks and weighing as little as 1.25 kilograms. We recommend commencing administering a flea and tick preventative to your dog as young as possible. Dogs should be regularly treated and frequently checked over for fleas and ticks, especially in regions where the paralysis tick is known to inhabit.